POSITION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Basis: Salary and Bonus
Idea Couture is looking for an Information Architect who is passionate about user experience at every level. The ideal candidate has a thorough grounding in usability principles and experience with usability research as well as techniques for contextual inquiry, task analysis and interaction design is a multitasker - someone can direct as well as produce thoughtful interpretations of business requirements into visual solutions. Above all, we are looking for someone with a passion for design who can translate that passion into their role. Candidates must be comfortable working in a very dynamic, creative, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment. We foster an environment where strategy consultants + experience architects work together in applying design thinking to solve business problems.
- Architect and document user interaction solutions through site-maps, process flows (experience maps), wire-frames and thumbnail flows (i.e. UML)
- Prototype page templates using wireframe diagrams or HTML
- Perform expert reviews on concepts and wire frames
- Analyze and optimize data requirements, both in terms of data capture from users and data storage;
- Create and maintain production requirements documents.
- Estimate effort and control scope to understand how requirements relate to effort and scope;
- Plan & facilitate usability testing
- Facilitate meetings with project stakeholders to capture requirements;
- Manage one or more assignments concurrently
- Deliver business and technical feasibility analysis and recommendations, document project documentation, high level business solutions and architecture
- Assist clients in identifying business and functional requirements; work with project teams to ensure client solutions are designed and developed to meet client objectives
- Balance business and user needs.
Required skills / Experience
- A long and impressive track record of building usable solutions
- Minimum of an bachelors degree in Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Design or related discipline required
- Minimum of 3 years experience including at least 1 year of UxD/IA/interaction design experience in a corporate or consulting environment required;
- Proven experience translating business strategies into conceptual diagrams, task flows, and site maps using standardized tools and techniques. Strong experience with Visio or Omnigraffle preferred
- Strong understanding of web and mobile platforms and browsers and the effects those variables have on the design of a system and ensuing impact to the user.
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements;
- Ability to lead high-level, cross-functional definition meetings that map out the user experience of new projects
- Awareness of various web and mobile development methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to work effectively with people of multiple skills set and backgrounds, and at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent communication skills including written English, verbal presentation and visual representation
- Energy and ability to work well with others in a client-focused, innovative environment.
- Flexibility - demand can be cyclical in nature and the successful candidate must be ready to put in an extra effort at peak times.
- Salary & Bonus
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your application.
Idea Couture Inc. 241 Spadina Ave, Suite 500
Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2E2
Copyright © 2015 Idea Couture Inc.