POSITION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Idea couture is looking for someone with experience designing and prototyping electromechanical devices to join its multi-disciplinary Toronto office. Engineers with backgrounds in electrical, systems, robotics and mechanical design and fabrication are encouraged to apply for this hands-on position where you will be required to work closely with strategists, designers and developers to build functional prototypes for various small, consumer-focused technologies.
- Design, develop, build and test functional electromechanical prototypes from conceptual designs.
- Detail designs for prototype manufacturing, assembly and finishing.
- Specify and source OTS electrical and mechanical components.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and strategists to create miniaturized, wearable consumer electronics.
Required skills / Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering (electrical, mechatronic, systems, robotics or mechanical).
- 1-3 years experience working with electromechanical products, consumer electronics and/or robotics as an engineer, designer or technician.
- Comfortable hacking electromechanical devices and assembling rapid prototypes.
- Ability to work closely within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Additional Considerations:
- Basic circuit design, PCB layout, low-voltage wiring, and electronics experience.
- Experience with various prototype manufacturing methods (rapid prototyping / 3D printing, traditional machining, sheet, foam, woodwork, etc.).
- Familiarity with hardware communication protocols and environments (ethernet, serial, USB, etc. / Arduino, Android, Linux, etc.).
- Mechanical product design and detailing using CAD (Solidworks).
- Experience with wearable technologies.
- Commensurate with experience
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your application.
Idea Couture Inc. 241 Spadina Ave, Suite 500
Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2E2
Copyright © 2014 Idea Couture Inc.