Location: San Francisco
Basis: Full Time
Idea Couture is looking for an Industrial Designer to join its world-class design team in our San Francisco office. This unique position embraces our design philosophies of innovation and creativity; as such, we are looking for someone with a very unique skill set. Beyond your accomplishments as an Industrial Designer, you must be an energetic, creative and analytical individual with the ability to create distinctive industrial designs for branding, ergonomics, and emerging trends.
- Lead the creative process through facilitation and participation of concept ideation sessions, brainstorms and creative discussions to develop design concepts for various projects
- Consult with clients and multi-disciplinary team members to establish product requirements
- Direct, coordinate and execute the preparation of design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Test the design concept by computerized modeling or physical hands-on testing of models- Build prototypes to project specifications
- Working with design technology to prepare specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Present design to client and design committee and discuss need for modification and change
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends
Required skills / Experience
- University degree from a top tier program in Industrial Design, Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience practicing as an industrial designer
- A deep understanding of ergonomics and genuine interest in consumer needs and behavior
- Excellent concept visualization and modeling skills including hand sketching, 2d drawings, 3d modeling/rendering and offline prototype modeling
- Ability to interpret relevant design trends and consumer insights into compelling, brand-appropriate design concepts
- Understanding of brand identity and positioning in relation to product design
- Commensurate with experience
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your application.
Idea Couture Inc. 241 Spadina Ave, Suite 500
Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2E2
Copyright © 2014 Idea Couture Inc.